3 Stage Recovery Model
Our 3 Stage Recovery Model
Stage 1: Diagnosis (RM Diagnosis)
We take you through a comprehensive assessment of your whole musculoskeletal system to identify the cause of your condition, as well as any contributing factors that may be influencing or maintaining it. As we treat while we assess your condition, you may experience a rapid improvement, as we see in a vast majority of cases.
We can also identify which types of treatment you will respond best to, and whether or not you may need referral for a different type of management of your condition. We do not continue to treat you without results.
Stage 2: Treatment and Resolution (RM Fix)
Treatment to the underlying cause of your condition and any other secondary factors to get you back to full function painfree. You will see your progress charted to determine how many sessions are required for full painfree function.
Stage 3: Prevention and Optimisation Phase (RM Tune-up)
- To test how well you are managing the condition on your own.
- To progress your skills for achieving better movement patterns that will further prevent recurrence of your condition.
- To treat any re-accumulation of strain that has occurred through simply living!
The average frequency of POP treatments for non-elite athletes is graduated to 30minutes every 1-3 months.
Our Commitment to you
- We will always aim to see you at your appointment time.
- We will manage your condition to the best of our ability and expertise.
- We will educate you on the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of your condition so that you can understand the condition and help us help you.
- We will refer you to relevant GP’s or specialists if this is required and communicate effectively with them regarding your ongoing management as appropriate. We will also communicate closely with employers and rehabilitation providers so that effective Return To Work plans may be organised if your injury is work-related or from road trauma.
- We will always respect your confidentiality and privacy.
- We will ensure that our payment systems are as efficient as possible so you will not wait unnecessarily.
Your Commitment to us
- Please be on time for your appointments. This will prevent clients after you being unnecessarily delayed and ensures you receive the time allocated for you.
- Please call if you are running late and give us 8 hours notice if you are unable to attend. This enables us to accommodate other clients who may require urgent treatment, and are on a waiting list.
- Follow the advice and exercises prescribed to you by your physiotherapist, as this is an integral part of your overall management and your ability to overcome your injury. If you are uncertain of any aspect of your treatment, do not hesitate to ask us.
- Complete your course of treatment as planned with your physiotherapist. This ensures a full recovery where possible and reduces the risk of recurrence.
- Settle your accounts on the day of treatment. If you have a Workcover/TAC claim please assist us by ensuring you have a valid claim prior to treatment and that all necessary documentation is accurate and forwarded to the relevant bodies.
- If you are concerned with any aspect of our service, please inform us so that we can address the situation.If you are happy with the service you receive please tell your family and friends about us. We receive many of our clients through word of mouth and value clients who have been referred by someone they know and trust.
For more information or to book a consultation, please contact us.
Please note Cancellation Policy: We require 8 hours notice of cancellation so other patients on a waiting list may be accommodated or a cancellation fee will be charged.